- For the pesto
-2 large bunches basil
– 1/4 cup pine nuts
– 1/3–1/2 cup olive oil
– 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
– 2 cloves garlic
– 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
-salt and pepper to taste
- For the pasta
– 16 oz farfalle pasta
– 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
– 1 1/2 cups peas, fresh or frozen
– 1 large burrata, cut into pieces
– 4 oz sliced prosciutto
– microgreens for garnish (optional)
1. In a food processor, pulse all pesto ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
2. Cook the pasta al dente. In the last minute of cooking, add in
asparagus. Drain completely, then run cold water over
everything until it comes to room temperature. Drain again.
3. Mix in pesto. Add in burrata pieces, peas, and prosciutto. Toss
to combined. For that true pasta salad feel, chill in fridge for 30
minutes before serving!